Architect – Full Time
To start early 2019
We are looking for a talented all round Architect with 3-5 years post Part III experience who combines strong design flair with good technical skills and the ability to work well as an integral part of a small and flexible team on a varied portfolio of projects.
The ideal candidate will be creative, able to work accurately to tight deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills. They will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively, leading and assisting as needed on different elements of projects.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop feasibility studies
- Work within a team to complete large scale planning submissions and construction packages
- Liaise with clients and contractors
- Participate actively in the development of our growing and ambitious practice
Skills and experience
Education: Part III Qualified, ARB registered
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ post Part III work experience in the UK
Applicants should be:
- An efficient team worker - able to work accurately to tight deadlines on challenging briefs
- Proficient in the following packages
- AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up
- Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Up to speed on current building regulations, planning law and RIBA guidance
- Able to hand draw/sketch to a good standard
- Professional with good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the UK
Specific experience in the following sectors would be an advantage:
- Food retail
- Extra care
- Tertiary education (faculty building design)
SRP are a small, friendly, international team based just off Brick Lane in Spitalfields. We work across a variety of sectors with current projects ranging from large-scale student housing and retail projects on site in Birmingham to luxury fit out and interior design office and residential projects in London.
All staff take an active part in the running and development of the practice and we believe in a good work/life balance with overtime the exception rather than the rule. Working hours are 09:00-18:00 with an hour for lunch. In addition to 20 days holiday we have a generous Christmas holiday shut down.
Salaries are competitive, negotiable and dependent on skills and experience. SRP looks after its staff and benefits include above average pension contributions, life and income protection cover, chocolate biscuits and the option of private health insurance.
SRP is committed to continuing professional development and can offer support for professional qualifications in addition to our ongoing CPD Programme.
How to apply
Please send your cv/portfolio and a covering letter to the Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .