Project Secretary / PA To Director - SW London
A highly reputable architectural practice, seek an experienced Project Secretary / PA with knowledge of the industry, to join them in January 2019, in their South West London based office.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a well-established architecture and design consultancy. With a prestigious client base stretching across prime areas of London, the practice has developed a strong reputation for delivering some of the most luxurious and bespoke properties both in the UK and worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
The role of the project Secretary is to provide the department with admin support and to act as PA to the Director.
- General Point of Contact. Liaising with clients, Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Consultants regarding any issues that may occur. Being the next point of contact if the job runner or the required staff member is out of the office, thus admin will require knowledge of the jobs they are working on
- Arranging meetings & co-coordinating diaries
- Issuing information, drawings, schedules, specifications, sketches and controlling issue sheets
- Responding to queries from team & outside bodies regarding issuing. Ensuring everything is recorded on the server: creating CAD record folders, record copies of issue sheet.
- Proof reading drawings given by the architects before distributing
- Word processing. Typing all correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, schedules, audio typing as required
- Controlling the project directory. Ensuring that all contact information for the job is stored in the job file as well as on the public-address book on the server. Each file should have contact numbers for the client, Contractors and any other contact information that may be required
- Hard copy filing. Updating the filing tree as a job expands, filing all hard copy lever arch.
- Managing copies of drawings organising clip key system and labeling
- Electronic filing. Transferring of all job-related emails etc to the public files on the server
- Interim Certificates. Receive valuations form the Quantity Surveyors for each plot, check calculations and create/distribute Interim certificates on a monthly basis. Ensure a copy is also sent to the Practice Manager
- Architect’s instructions. Receive Drafts etc. and put together
- Assisting the planning process. Research at Local Authority office, obtaining the information as requested by the job runner
- Assisting with principals’ expenses
- Teams travel arrangements. Arranging all travel and hotel accommodation, as required by the team member
- Send weekly reminders to all team members to submit time sheets
- Issuing drawings, opening CAD files check if bound (type ‘xref’), tabs correct, revision no. matches notes etc and amend if necessary.
- Act as part of the Admin team by covering reception when necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar or relatable position within an Architectural/design/construction company
- Experience of working as a PA to a Director ideally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new systems
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop to an intermediate level
- Ability to use Adobe In-Design to an intermediate level
- Demonstrated experience of working to strict deadlines
- Ability to create, enhance and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to pro-actively plan and take ownership of own workload
- Ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the need for confidentiality within the architectural industry
- Customer focused with an approachable personality and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to present yourself confidently in front of clients
- Fantastic English, both written and oral is vital for this appointment.
Salary & Package
- 20 days holiday + Xmas closure
- Working hours 9.30 am – 6 pm
- Statutory workplace pension
What you get back
- Social events
- Team building
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links