Architect (2-3 Month Contract) - Southwark, London
Are you an Architect, with a passion for high-end residential and high-end retail projects? Are you looking for a 2-3-month contract for the Christmas season?
Winners of the ‘International Design Award’ and ‘What House award’ my client have a reputation for their work on high profile, high value projects in London and internationally. Working from conception to completion, all projects are designed to the very highest of standards, offering their clients a creative, professional and collaborative approach.
With the Partners 40 + years of experience in the high end architectural industry, they have established themselves as one of the UK’s foremost luxury design and delivery practices. Specialists within the High-end residential, high-end retail, hospitality and commercial sectors, my client now seeks a Part II Architectural Assistant or Architectural Technician to join the team of 12 on a 2-3-month contract basis, with the possibility of this position becoming permanent.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be brought in specifically to join the high-end retail team to support a specific project that is currently underway, however dependent on your skill set, you may alternatively be expected to work on a variety of high value residences in popular prime areas of London.
Live residential projects currently underway include a £14 million, 14-bedroom home in Westminster and £8 million penthouse in Westminster. Live retail projects are with a confidential client that uses the practice exclusively for their design. One live project in particular is being managed from stage 4 through to competition, so you will be expected to work on technical stages for this, assisting in the completion of construction drawing packages.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ PQE Part II (considering both newly qualified Part III’s and more experienced Part III’s)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in professional practice within the UK
- Have a flair for design and fantastic eye for detail
- Experience within the high-end retail or high-end residential sector
- Ability to work with little supervision
- A good knowledge of traditional detailing, drawing, specifications and materials including bespoke joinery
- The ability to carry out all aspects of detailing and construction information for high-end projects
- Experience working with ArchiCAD is preferred
- Knowledge of BIM level 1 and 2 in ArchiCAD would also be hugely beneficial
- Confident independently preparing drawings and working under your own initiative
- Good knowledge of UK building regulations
- Comfortable researching product materials
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- An interest in interior design
- Must be a team player, happy to help others when required
- Available to start immediately
Salary & Package
Competitive hourly rate (Fully dependent on experience)
What you get back
- Social events
- Roof top garden
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links