Project Architect - London, EC1N
Do you want to work in an expanding architectural practice as a Project Architect working on exciting hotel and sport projects globally?
My client is an international architectural practice with a total of 100 staff in 3 offices in the UK and 1 in Qatar. They have a worldwide portfolio of high-quality buildings, that reflect their expertise in residential, hotel and sport/stadia sectors.
Established originally in 1956 in Manchester, their London office opened 3 years ago to increase their coverage of the UK. They are now looking to expand their small London team of 5 and welcome a Project Architect to help support with their current workload, and the continuous growth of the office.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work directly with clients from initial concept design through to onsite completion
- Oversee a team of Assistants assigned to each project
- Mentor and manage more junior members of the team
- Work closely with the Senior Associates to manage and deliver multiple projects
- Hands on approach with the design of projects
- Delivering tender packages
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 Years Post Part III experience
- Qualified Architect, or Equivalent with International Experience
- Fluent user of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Revit would be hugely beneficial, but is not essential
- Confident in leading projects and small teams
- Confident speaking with clients and attending client meetings
- Experience in medium to large scale residential, commercial hotel and sport/stadium projects
- Self-motivated with ability to work both in a team and independently
- Good time management
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Strong in both design and technical stages of projects
- Experience in producing tender and construction packages
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Salary & Package
You will be offered a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on your level of experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, my client also offers the following benefits:
- Pension scheme
- Professional memberships paid
- 20 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Shutdown between Christmas and New Year
This is a very social office that is located just a 5-minute walk from Farringdon Station and Chancery Lane. As an office they encourage team collaboration both inside and outside of work. Social drinks are a regular occurrence, an early finish on Friday’s if deadlines are met, flexible working hours, and strong career progression are all admirable perks of working here.