Technical Architect/ Architectural Technician– Birmingham
A multidisciplinary company passionate about staff development and rewarding hard work, now has a position for a Technical Architect or Architectural Technologist based in Birmingham.
My client is a multidisciplinary construction consultancy with multiple offices across the UK including London and Birmingham. Their services include architecture, BIM, building surveying, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, project management, quantity surveying, and many more. The practice delivers projects across all major sectors, for public and private sector clients, including Residential, Retail, Education, Health and Commercial.
As a company that takes pride in its people, developing and supporting them at every opportunity, they now require a like-minded and experienced Technical Architect or Architectural Technologist to join the Birmingham studio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Taking a leading role in the technological aspects of architecture and the preparation and production of design packages across a variety of projects
- Liaising with clients and external professionals
- Working both independently and within a team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III qualified as an Architect, or qualified as an Architectural Technologist
- Minimum 3 years UK experience and A minimum of 2 years PQE
- A fluent user of REVIT, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Experience working to BIM Level 2, and knowledge of NBS would be hugely beneficial
- Competent in producing technical packages and happy to work predominantly on RIBA stages 4-6
- Experience in my client’s key sectors, particularly residential
- Well organised with strong communication skills
- References will be required upon application.
Salary & Package
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance
- 24 days holiday a year, rising to 30 days depending on the length of service
- Office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
What you get back
The practice recognises that hard work should receive excellent rewards and that’s why they pride themselves on being friendly and sociable with a great team atmosphere across all offices.
They are dedicated to training and developing staff, having received the Silver certificate of recognition by Investors in People (IIP) and they are keen to assist individuals with work related professional interests, providing practical and financial assistance to all.
Additionally, they have their own Sports and Social team who arrange events and activities for the entire company, alongside their annual Christmas party. Past events have included, meals out, snowboarding, bubble football and regular charity activities. However, the highlight of the year is their Summer event which gets bigger and better every year and has seen the teams previously enjoy the Euro-star to Paris and taking over London Zoo.
What employees say
“From the moment I joined I was made to feel part of the team. From day one your contribution really counts in both your work and in all the social events organised throughout the year.” ~ Senior Architectural Technician