James Robertshaw was established in 1860, and has continued to be a highly regarded designer, manufacturer and installer of quality roof systems and bespoke exterior blinds & awnings. We supply trade and commercial customers throughout the UK from our base in Horwich near Bolton.
The reputation built over the years demonstrates our commitment to quality and continuous improvement. With ambitious plans for the future, the company, in partnership with Palmiye, is seeking a bright star to join our team.
We are looking for a qualified Project Architect, preferably chartered, who will be integral to an exciting growth market for the company.
The successful candidate will be able to lead a project from inception and design right through to completion.
Key requirements will be:
- Assess needs of clients and users/stakeholders and agree project brief
- Evaluate and advise environmental and regulatory requirements affecting the project and obtain initial approvals
- Assess resource requirements
- Manage survey requirements and produce surveys
- Develop project briefs and design and manage programmes
- Lead project procurement and forms of contract
- Manage H&S in design and during project lifetime. Have H&S experience with the desire to achieve NEBOSH accreditation in time
- Prepare and present designs using traditional drafts/drawings, CAD and 3D visualisation
- Ensure designs address client needs, site constraints and installation requirements
- Produce specifications, material selection and performance criteria
- Produce documents for statutory authorities and ensure compliance
- Lead risk assessments
- Undertake site inspections using initiative to resolve practical issues
- Manage project handover and snagging, advising maintenance requirements
- Full, clean driving licence – confident driver
- Potential for overnight stays and occasional European travel
- Competitive salary to be negotiated dependent on experience
- Company pension
- Health package
- Opportunity to become an integral member of the senior team
- Working hours: 39 hours per week with flexibility
- Holidays: 29 including Bank Holidays
In return you can expect a happy, family culture with weekly fruit, monthly massage and fun times alongside the hard work
Please provide a day time telephone number, current remuneration package and covering letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position.
All interviews will be held in the Bolton area of Greater Manchester. Please no agencies.
To apply, please submit your CV, to email address HR@jamesrobertshaw.co.uk