Technical Architect, Architectural Technologist or Architectural Technician
TSP Architects is a well established RIBA chartered practice looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious Technical Architect, Architectural Technologist or Architectural Technician. We are based just outside Chichester, West Sussex, working primarily along the south coast and up to the M4/M25 corridor.
You will be working both independently and collaboratively with other members of our team on a range of projects varying in size and complexity in the education, housing, leisure, healthcare and commercial sectors. Projects are typically developer or contractor led but your role will require you to lead the design team, liaising with and coordinating consultants to create the architectural solution.
The candidate will be expected to prepare working drawing packages based upon the client’s brief, consented planning information and other consultant’s information.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ideally be suitably qualified with a number of years experience in a similar role.
- Strong technical skills gained on a range of varying projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is essential. Working knowledge of Revit / Sketchup / Photoshop beneficial.
- In depth understanding of the current Building Regulations.
- Good knowledge of construction methods and process.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to prepare detailed and fully coordinated working drawing packages i.e. plans, sections, elevations, schedules and details to agreed timescales.
- Able to work on their own initiative with good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic about the technical aspects of the profession with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary & Package
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis. Salary commensurate with ability and experience, ranging from £35 – 45k depending on experience.
TSP encourages a good work/life balance and a variety of benefits including flexible working hours to suit lifestyle, company pension scheme, on-site parking, social events, Christmas shutdown and regular CPD seminars.