Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
The company brief:
This small but dynamic practice provide architectural design services and solutions for a range of construction projects throughout the South of the UK. They cover a wide range of work in a variety of sectors, including residential, commercial, industrial and education. Due to an increase in workload, they now need to take on a new Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist.
Your new role:
As an Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist, you will work closely with Architects and other Building Professionals, as part of the Design Team. You will be responsible for meeting clients, understanding project briefs, advising on environmental, regulatory and legal issue, contributing to planning applications and being involved in design work, using CAD/Design Software.
- Ideally a Senior Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist experienced in either/both ArchiCAD and AutoCAD.
- Preferably hold an accredited Degree in the relevant field and a good amount of experience in a similar, Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist role.
- Leading the detailed design process, excellent technical detailing and coordinating design information.
- Ability to produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications.
- Have a clear track record of dealing with contractors or construction issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound understanding of the UK Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, Secure by Design, lifetime homes, national space standards and Planning Applications.
What you will get in return
- Ability to develop your skills and experience within the company.
- Annual reviews with a view to increasing salary.
- Annual staff team building days.
- Great social scene within the office.
- A competitive salary.
- Good holiday allowance + 1 day for birthday and paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
- UK pension contributions.
- CPD support and training.
- Bonus offered based on profit share.
- Investors in People accredited.
What you need to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Brighton branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright - 01273 391010
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.