Senior Associate Architect
Would you like the chance to join an AJ100 company’s practice in Bristol as a Senior Associate Architect in the education sector; with a future opportunity to own the business with them as part of their employee share scheme?
Established more than 60 years ago, and now with more than 300 staff across 9 UK offices, this creative multidisciplinary practice is seeking an inspiring individual to join their team in Bristol as a Senior Associate Architect. The firm works across all major industry sectors, but in this case are looking to expand their education team.
Their school work ranges from private schools to government funded projects; with construction values from £2million to £35million.
This isn’t just another architectural practice. In 2015 they became the first UK organisation to achieve ‘Excellence’ in all categories of the Workplace Wellbeing Charter. They fully invest in their staff and offer a range of opportunities within a supportive environment; including the best technical training, professional coaching and mentoring.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Education Director and Sector Lead, you will manage a small team within the studio. You will assume the lead role on secondary school projects and be responsible for taking the project brief, developing initial proposals and detailed design collectively with a small team.
You will be required to manage relationships with clients, whether that is a public body, private trust or contractor; and get involved at any stage of the process with minimal briefing. You will be running multiple or complex projects from start to finish, in addition to generating and managing fees for projects and formulating good PR for the practice.
Furthermore, you will contribute to winning new work for the practice and be mindful of your impact on others within various teams and business areas within the firm.
Required Skills & Experience
In order to apply for the role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Qualified at Part III level with a minimum of 10 years PQE
- Extensive UK school/education experience demonstrated throughout your career
- The ability to work within and manage a small team. You should be eager to share your experience and knowledge with others working on school projects across the company through sector workshops
- Skilled in handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Broad experience working with and leading clients through all stages of a project; with an excellent track record in attracting and retaining client relationships
- A personable character with excellent communication skills and a notable ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently
- Experience working within the private school sector and working with the ESFA would be desirable
- In this role, it will be your responsibility to keep up with the latest education design trends and demonstrate genuine care about creating inspiring school environments.
Salary & Package
Salary, whilst advertised up to £60,000, is based entirely on experience and will be discussed at the point where an interview is offered; however, your package will include the following benefits:
- Company pension plan (following successful probationary period)
- Regular CPD
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bonus opportunities
- Part (minimum 75% full time equivalent) or Full-time hours
- Flexible work environment
- Future opportunity to own the business with them through employee share ownership
The Bristol office offers a friendly, open and caring culture. They are located in the City centre with excellent transport links and access to all the local shops and restaurants. The team go out for regular staff drinks in addition to away days and a yearly Christmas party.
Apply for Senior Associate Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly