Revit Skilled Architect/ Part II Architectural Assistant - Wrexham
Immediate vacancy for a capable Architect or Architectural Assistant fluent in Revit to join a medium sized practice based in Wrexham, North Wales. The practice has a family-feel atmosphere across their offices and you will be involved in a variety of large-scale projects
Established nearly 45 years ago, my client now has 3 offices UK wide and are 35 staff strong. Originally recognised for their expertise within the residential sector, their portfolio has diversified over the years. Other sectors now managed by them include education, civic, culture, commercial, heritage and super prime residential.
A D&B practice with a healthy pipeline of work, live projects include a large-scale office development and depot, 80 and 70-unit residential builds, a £25m school, a super prime residence in Belgravia, a restaurant and an assortment of other office and multi-unit residential schemes. Managing everything from design to build, you’ll be exposed to and experience working in multiple sectors early on in your career.
The company’s ethos ‘communication, communication, communication’ applies to both how they work with their clients and their staff. They believe that being open, transparent and hardworking is the way to build and maintain successful working relationships. If you are looking to work with a supportive team, this is the opportunity for you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the team with current workload
- Concept design proposals;
- Design opportunities and constraints reports;
- Presentation drawings
- 3D CAD modelling and visualizations;
- Hand sketches;
- Taking part in design presentations;
- Preparing planning applications, (including written reports);
- Technical design;
- Assisting with contract administration duties on site.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ambitious and enthusiastic with strong design and technical ability.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Excellent design skills, attention to detail, ability to manage workloads, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Proficiency using Revit
- Ability to produce presentation and technical drawings
- NBS experience is beneficial but not essential
- Confident of hitting the ground running
- Able to work using your own initiative
Please note that applicants without full fluency in Revit will not be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
Remuneration can be an open discussion but offered at £25,000 - £40,000 depending on experience. Free parking is available at the office and regular social outings are paid for, additionally you will receive auto-enrolment pension and statutory holiday entitlement.
You will be joining a medium sized practice that operate much like a family and have a prominent presence of staff support. The studio invests heavily in their staff and regularly carry out both in-house and external training, tailoring their approach to each employee’s development needs and offering CPD.
The practice has excellent employee retention and there is a great appreciation for everyone’s efforts from management. Social events are regularly organized, BBQ’s and drinks, as well as pizzas ordered if ever a late night is required, and many social outings organised throughout the year.