This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to join an architectural practice who due to repeat business from major clients and the winning of new projects now have requirement for a Senior or Associate Architect to join the team in a managerial role and to act as a driving force for the business.
Founded in 1996, this practice has a diverse portfolio with projects ranging from large scale residential, to retail and commercial. Today, they have evolved with the addition of qualified architects and technicians who have considerable expertise in all sectors of development.
The practice has a core team of 7 employees and are based in modern offices in Stevenage, Hertfordshire with parking facilities on site. Currently about 90% of their work is in the residential sector, ranging from large scale developments to one of houses.
Role & Responsibilities
The role will involve working on a number of residential schemes, ranging from large scale developments to bespoke residences; and will include running your own projects across all RIBA stages along with the following:
- Client interaction and the management of projects.
- Preparing feasibility studies and scheme designs from initial concept to planning drawings
- Supervising and managing other architects and technicians
- Assisting in preparing client fee proposal
- Pro-active member of the management team
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years UK post-qualification experience
- Experienced Design Team Leader/ Project running Architect
- Design ability continuing through working drawings and construction to completion
- Good client interface skills
- Good written and communication skills
- Genuine enthusiasm to take a leading role in an established practice
NOTE: It is important that applicants are ideally based close to Stevenage and live in the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire or Cambridgeshire area to avoid long a commute to work.
Salary & Package
Salary for this position is offered at £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience, and provision of satisfactory references.
The office is based near the local train station, with easy access to the motorway and free onsite parking. The successful candidate would be joining a small sized team and working from their practice in Stevenage where they offer a creative, fun and supportive office environment. They are able to provide excellent career prospects and have regular social events organised throughout the year which have included baking competitions, sports competitions, regular site visits and social gatherings.