Architectural Technician (High-End Residential)
3 days left
- Full Time
With an enviable portfolio of prestigious projects, you’ll be working as the Architectural Technician for one of the most well established, high end residential focused practices in Chelsea.
This is an opportunity for an Architectural Technician to join an established Architecture and Design consultancy based in the beautiful Chelsea Harbour. With a prestigious client base stretching across prime areas of London, including the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, the practice has developed a strong reputation for delivering some of the most luxurious and bespoke properties not only in England but also in Europe, America and Asia.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be brought in to support the Technical Director with the practice’s current project workload, specifically within the super prime residential sector. The successful candidates will be required to produce high quality technical drawing packages and construction detailing for a number of complex and bespoke residential projects.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Preparing planning drawings for statutory approval authorities
- Preparing and presenting technical 2D design solutions using Auto CAD and traditional methods
- Producing production information
- Liaising with consultants and manufacturers during the selection process of products for construction details
- Producing construction packages
- Undertaking technical research in to products and building materials as directed by the Technical Director
- Assisting with site inspections by either condition surveys, site progress and analysis of build work and defects
- Undertaking quality inspections, i.e. snagging
- Preparing meeting notes and record events as required
- Preparing photographic, sketch up and 3D visuals
- Assisting with the detailed design process of small schemes and layouts for space planning
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of UK planning and building consents
- A minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Qualified as an Architectural Technician or Technologist
- 3 + years PQE in professional practice
- Experience working within the high-end residential sector, ideally with a portfolio of projects across prime boroughs of London
- Confident working in technical design and construction stages
- Experienced in the technical delivery of standard and bespoke detailing within the high end residential sector
- The ability to sketch by hand in 3D and 2D technical details
- The ability to carry out all aspects of detailing and construction information for high-end residential projects
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience drawing up specifications using NBS
- Confident hitting the ground running and able to work using your own initiative
- An interest in bespoke technical development both within your role and outside of
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Impeccable written and verbal English
All applicants should be able to portray a high level of organisational and multitasking skills as well as all round capabilities.
Salary & Package
£30,000 – £35,000 (Dependent on experience) + workplace pension
You will be joining a highly successful and well established architectural practice, where you’ll find the team is formed of professional Architects and Designers who are passionate for quality London and international housing. Based in the beautiful Chelsea Harbour area, the office is just a 3-minute walk from the local train station, making this a perfect location for commuters traveling from both inside and outside of London.
As part of your ongoing development within the practice, you will also:
- Receive continuous development of construction skills whilst producing production information
- Advance your skills in writing specifications using NBS
- Undertake research into CPD topics and assist with CPD presentations.
Apply for Architectural Technician (High-End Residential)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly