This is an innovative, forward thinking architectural practice based in Islington, that is committed to being different. Striving to design and build contemporary, sustainable developments across London, they now seek an Experienced Architect / Project Architect to join them on a permanent basis
Founded in 2011 and growing steadily in size and strength since, the company has an enviable portfolio of unique and vibrant large scale residential, commercial and mixed-use projects, in notable areas of London and across the UK. Working closely with developer clients, the practice considers themselves both creative and commercial; taking each development from feasibility through site assessment, master planning, design, interiors and space planning. Due to an influx in some complex schemes, the firm are looking to take on two new staff members.
Role & Responsibilities
Working both independently and as part of a team, the successful candidate will predominantly work on large-scale residential and commercial schemes. With involvement and management responsibilities across all RIBA stages, from concept design to construction, you will be expected to be able to demonstrate your full job running ability. Current projects include a large complex residential scheme, two large commercial projects and a range of smaller residential schemes in affluent areas of London. You may be expected to manage and assist more junior team members in the office and will report to the Practice Directors.
As an expanding practice, the role naturally offers the right individual the opportunity to develop themselves and their career; and the firm would be most interested to hear from candidates who would be committed to growing with them over the coming years.
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified and/or ARB registered
- A minimum of 6 years’ post qualification experience in professional practice
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience
- Fantastic construction detailing knowledge and confidence producing drawing packages to a high standard
- Demonstrably strong in both design and technical ability
- Full job running experience
- Thorough knowledge of managing large scale commercial and large scale residential schemes
- Strong knowledge of housing standards and building regulations
- A high level of proficiency in Vectorworks is essential for this appointment
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
- The ability to manage conflicting or multiple deadlines
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
£45,000 + Fully dependent on individuals level of experience.
In addition to this the practice offer 20 days holiday + bank holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
Based in Islington, my client’s offices are located in a fantastic area for commuters, particularly for those that travel via tube. Just a 7-minute walk from Angel underground station and a 9-minute walk from Old Street underground, these stations are just two of a handful that can be utilised.
A host to more restaurants than there are days of the year and an abundance of theaters, it comes as no surprise to know that Islington is a hub of cultural activities. Top parks in the area include Highbury Fields, Gillespie Park and Regents Canal, making this the perfect location for those that enjoy venturing out during lunch and after work.
Working from a modern, open plan office in Islington, within a team of 14, you’ll enjoy a relaxed, sociable and down to earth working environment. The team are sociable with one another both inside and outside of work, where they regularly head down the pub together.