Senior Associate Architect (Education)
Stride Treglown creates people focused architecture. We pride ourselves on hiring the best and most creative talent and helping you develop your career in the direction you want it to go. As an employee-owned practice, you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
We are now adding fresh talent to our teams.
We are looking for an experienced job running architect with a proven track record of designing and delivering schools projects to join our diverse studio based in our newly refurbished Head Office in Bristol. We are looking for someone with experience as a successful team leader, who can demonstrate a wealth of previous experience and be willing to use this to develop junior talent within the studio.
Is this the job for you?
Our school work ranges from private schools to government funded projects, from £2m – £35m. We are looking for someone to work on secondary school projects, procured through a variety of routes. Familiarity with the ESFA Framework and process is highly desirable.
The ability to manage multiple projects and lead a client (whether it be a public body, private trust or contractor) through all stages of a project is essential. This role will require you to have a personable character, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
You must be:
- Able to work and manage a small team, and work independently
- Flexible in your approach to a project
- Someone that cares about creating inspiring school environments
- Eager to work on a range of school projects within a multi sector studio
- Eager to share experience and knowledge with others working on school projects across the company through sector workshops
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Reporting to the education director and sector lead, you will manage a small team within the studio.
- Managing client relationships
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and can effectively input with minimal briefing
- Running multiple or complex projects start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team)
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Generating and managing fees for projects
- Contributing to winning new work
- Generating good PR for the practice
- Personable character and excellent communications skills to ensure that a brief and the developing design is fully understood working with a team.
- Extensive schools based post qualification experience, with evidence of getting the best from your team
- The ability to manage multiple projects and lead a client all stages of a project
- The ability to attract work, maintain existing client relationships to generate future work
- Being aware of the latest education design trends
- Experience of working with the ESFA
- Experience of working within the Private School sector
What we can offer:
- Part (minimum 75% full time equivalent) or Full-time hours
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
- If you are interested in joining our team as a Senior Associate please click apply below
We ask that you include a;
- Cover Letter explaining why you are right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
We look forward to hearing from you!