Urban Designers – Consultant to Principal
Established in 2003, our continued successes have elevated us to become one of the leading national consultancies specialising in planning, design, environment and economics. Due to an exciting and rapidly expanding portfolio, we are seeking dynamic and motivated urban designers at all levels to join our company.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, high organised team players with a good working knowledge of, and a genuine interest in urban design issues. Dependant on the level sought, we would expect prospective candidates to have the following:
- Proven masterplanning and urban design ability Experience of working within the UK market
- Solid written and presentation ability;
- First class computer and graphics skills (using a range of medium including AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D design software and hand drawing). Training will be provided;
- Experience (where appropriate) of engaging with clients and managing inputs into the design process as a team player, with enthusiasm and willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the business; and
- Work-winning ability (where appropriate) and be able to present to, and meet with clients;
The role will typically include the production (or support in the production of) of all urban design and masterplanning services, such as feasibility appraisals / testing layouts, concept schemes, masterplans, Design and Access Statements, urban design appraisals and preparation of public consultation and stakeholder events.
This opportunity requires creativity and interaction with the wider team and other disciplines forming part of the design process, whilst ensuring practicality and wider issues are taken into account. Developing new business is an essential part of the role with the support of the wider team, with a desire to grow the team.
Pegasus Group will provide a generous remuneration package, as well as a friendly working environment and mentoring for those looking to progress in their career.
Candidates should hold a current full UK driving license and access to their own vehicle.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Planning, Environmental and Design consultancies, and to make a significant contribution to the further development and success of the Birmingham Office.
Please click to apply, please forward a copy of your CV with details of your experience to date and current package.