Architectural Technician/Technologist/Technical Architect - Southwark, London
Are you an experienced Revit Technician/Technologist or Technical Architect with strengths in large-scale education, residential or commercial projects? If you’ve answered yes to the above, then this is your opportunity to take a leading role and showcase your ability, in a South-central London practice.
Established 28 years ago, the company is an Architectural and town planning practice run by ten Directors and five Associates, holding 65 members of staff collectively. With offices based in London, Sussex and Bristol, teams consist of a number of Architectural, Technological and Administrative staff, specialising in a variety of sectors such as; Education, Commercial, Community, residential and are experts at Master planning for both urban and rural sites.
Over the years, they have been shortlisted for over 20 design awards including; 4 RIBA Awards, 4 Civic Trust Awards, 4 residential design awards, and 7 education design awards. With a recent move of premises, their new office is located in a beautifully converted railway arch.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist in the detailed design and production of construction level information in Revit, for a number of major educational, commercial and large-scale residential projects, typically valued between £2m - £10m.
Required Skills & Experience
- A qualified Technician/Technologist or a RIBA qualified Architect
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Revit is essential for this appointment
- A minimum of 5 years UK professional working experience
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Excellent technical skills gained on a range of projects, ideally with a value of £5m +
- A strong track-record of delivering projects through RIBA Stages 4, 5 and 6, ideally within the education, residential and commercial sectors
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of technical detailing skill along with an understanding of modern methods of construction
- Thorough understanding of design issues on large scale projects
- Have a flexible and committed attitude to work
- Excellent AutoCAD and IT (Microsoft Office) skills
- The ability to be able to work using your own initiative
- A fantastic knowledge of current UK building regulations, NHBC Guidance and Associated Housing Guidance
- Ability to work within a small team, where good communication skills and co-ordination are key
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
Salary for this role is competitive and dependent on each applicant’s experience.
Working within an ever-growing practice, you will be joining a busy, yet fun environment within a talented and knowledgeable team of people. The practice encourages a good work / life balance with staff. Personal and professional progression and growth is important, and there is a strong commitment to the development of their staff. Based in the heart of South London, the office is a short 10-minute walk from Liverpool street, Southwark street, and the beautiful Tate modern. Located under the arches of a railway bridge, the office has been fully furnished to a high level and currently accommodates 13 staff members.
Apply for Architectural Technician/Technologist/Technical Architect - Southwark, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly