About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Manager to join our Regional team to work in Cheadle.
- To support the Project Teams to create, implement, regularly review and deliver the Digital Strategy; Digital Execution plan, Digital Standards, Digital Procedures and Digital Methods for building and civil engineering projects across the region.
- Following company/client/Government standards and procedures, relating to digital to deliver a successful Digital project. Supporting Design Managers and the wider team to deliver.
What you'll be doing
As a BIM Manager you will:
- Engage early with all Stakeholders to develop the projects Digital Strategy, Digital Execution Plan and Client goals;
- Work with the project team to deliver the project digital strategy, digital execution plan and client’s goals;
- Work with the project team to implement processes, culture and technology so that programme can be linked to the detailed design model i.e. 4D for construction and own/support;
- Research , develop, implement and review new ways of working which will benefit the project by increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improve quality, sustainability and aiming for Zero Harm;
- Track and report the progress of the project implementation, and delivery reporting value gained from the implementation of Digital processes.
Who we're looking for
- Hold a BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng, HND/HDC or be qualified by experience with an understanding and proven delivery of building or civil engineering schemes or managing multiple schemes in a sector;
- Lead and inspire technical ability with the use of digital software applications to train others;
- Have experience in IT within multiple digital processes;
- Have the ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure and delivery;
- Have experience of working collaboratively in either a consultant or contractor environment and delivery of a infrastructure scheme.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.