Senior Design Manager
Balfour Beatty is currently recruiting for a Senior Design Manager to join our London office. This is a site based role with the responsibility of delivering a new development of 1500 new homes at the Olympic Park in Stratford.
Built in phases over the next 8 years this development will deliver two new neighbourhoods; Eastwick and Sweetwater, which between them will deliver 450 affordable homes, 530 for private sale and a further 500 for the private rented sector. As well as townhouses, mews properties, studios and flats the project will also provide; shops, restaurants, offices, a library, nursery and other public spaces.
As a Design Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of Design Managers and a document controller in the successful delivery of the project
- Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer.
- Provide advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages
- Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required – such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water
- Lead the co-ordination and production of design data, bid deliverables, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme
- Lead the implementation of the BIM protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
What we are looking for:
- Hold a relevant Professional membership with an appropriate institute, e.g. RIBA, BIBSE, etc
- Have experience working on a similar project
- Have detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material
- Have a good working knowledge of BIM
- Have excellent IT Skills
- Hold a valid CSCS card