Revit Technician / Technical Architectural Assistant
If you are a Technician or Part Architectural Assistant that is tired of continuous late nights and get little acknowledgement for your efforts in your current practice, then this position will be the breath of fresh air you need.
Founded 25 years ago, this well-established practice has put a recognisable stamp on the Architectural industry with particular expertise in residential, mixed use and university student housing developments in London. This RIBA Chartered practice undertake a range of small to large national and international projects, including award-winning schemes. With a hugely diverse portfolio, the practice also works within a variety of other sectors, which include commercial, retail, master planning, education and urban design. Having recently secured a £100 million mixed use scheme in London, my client now looks to recruit an Architectural Technician or technical Part II Architectural Assistant, to join their team on a full time and permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be joining a super friendly team of 9. You will be brought in specifically to focus on the production of working and technical drawing packages, for a new-build, large-scale mixed-use, London based scheme, that the practice is extremely excited about. This project will last 5 years, and the practice are managing this from stage 3 to competition. Other projects that you may work on in the future include a variety of residential projects. Ranging anywhere from £1 million to £25 million, these include individual houses and apartment blocks, with the average unit size of 50 – 100 sq. ft. predominantly within the London area.
Required Skills & Experience
- A high level of proficiency in Revit / BIM (Ideally to BIM level 2)
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience
- Qualified as an Architectural Technician or Part II Architectural Assistant
- Expert knowledge of UK building regulations
- Proven experience of producing construction drawing packages and specifications
- Working knowledge of SketchUp
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in professional practice is essential
- Experienced delivering large scale residential or mixed-use projects, as part of a team
- Understanding issues that may arise during the delivery of tall buildings
- Experience working on commercial, retail and master planning projects is also desirable
- Fantastic technical knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable being given a high level of responsibility
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
£29,000 - £35,000 fully dependent on experience
Office working hours are 9 am – 6 pm, however there is flexibility when required.
Additional benefits include:
- A workplace pension
- A performance-based Christmas bonus
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas office closure as extra holiday days
You will be joining a team of 9 Architectural professionals (soon to be 12) in my clients Lambert based office. Located close to the New Covent Garden Market and in walking distance of 3 train stations and multiple bus stops, this is easily accessible for commuters, especially those based in South West London.
Almost unheard of within the Architecture industry, late nights are a rarity for my client’s office. The Director himself told me he can count on one hand how many late nights they have worked over the last year or two and that’s because they work efficiently and smartly. In addition to this, all staff are very family orientated and management believe that having a good work life balance is key to happy staff and a successful business.
The team are open communicators, who voice their ideas and take the time to listen to one another. Communication is the key to this team’s success, therefore you must feel confident getting involved and not shy away from discussions. The team go out to lunch together every Friday (paid for by management) prior to their early finish (5 pm), ready for the weekend. They participate in regular outings, including, darts, meals, go-karting and drinks. A Christmas party and summer celebration are also held every year.