We have an opportunity for a Architectural Technician to join our thriving RIBA Chartered Architectural Practice. This is a full time position working on a wide variety of nationwide projects including listed buildings, high end residential development, contemporary residential new builds and bespoke commercial premises.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Understand a client brief.
- Arrive at a suitable design solution in conjunction with other team members.
- Produce accurate and detailed construction drawings to current Building Regulations standard.
- Progress details through approval process.
- Produce detailed works instructions, material specifications and schedules of work.
- Understand technical and professional aspects of work and continually maintain technical knowledge.
- Record and manage drawing registers.
- Liaise with installation teams, sub-contract suppliers, customers and suppliers.
- Maintain appropriate effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Demonstrate good time management and self-organisation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in HNC, HND or degree in Architectural Technology.
- 5+ years within the industry.
- Strong knowledge of UK Building Regulations & Standards in the house building sector.
- On site experience.
- Computer literate - essential experience of AutoCAD(2D) 2011 onwards.
- Knowledge of Sketchup would be an advantage.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision on construction drawings/building regulations requirements.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of products.
- High level of accuracy and administrative efficiency.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- A positive attitude and good sense of humour.
- Driving license and transport essential.
This position will be based within our offices at Wansford, Peterborough.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to Lisa Skingsley at email@example.com