Architect or Architectural technologist
We are looking for an Architect or Architectural technologist with job-running experience, an interest in conservation and an eye for detail to work on a range of projects.
You will be joining a team of hands-on Partners and skilled Architects and Assistants. You will be supporting the team with projects including small extensions, refurbishments and repair projects, mostly on grade I and grade II listed buildings. This role is maternity cover initially, and requires taking responsibility for some projects, including preparing drawings and specifications, working both independently and collaboratively with a Partner. For these projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants and contractors. On other projects, you will be asked to work collaboratively in an in-house team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on numerous projects from inception to completion RIBA stages 0-7
- Preparing detailed working drawings and designs
- Keeping up to date with the latest statutory building regulations
- Ensure the running of the project is kept within the financial goal and deadlines
- Working alone and within small teams as projects require
- Reporting to the Partners on project progress
- Some projects are out of London and will require travel.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III Qualified ARB registered Architect or Part II assistant with 2 years’ UK experience OR
- Architectural Technologist with CIAT or HNC/HND qualification, with 2 years’ experience working on UK based projects.
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach and experience with detailing
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- An interest in conservation and experience of working on historic buildings
- Good working knowledge of Vectorworks
- Experience working through a variety of RIBA stages would be advantageous
Our office is located inside the vibrant Grade I listed Union Chapel, the office is next to Highbury & Islington tube station. We are a family friendly practice and can discuss flexible working hours if this is suitable.
Eligibility: In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We regret that due to the number of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
No agencies please.
This role is 8 months initially (maternity cover), with the possibility of a permanent contract.
Apply for Architect or Architectural technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly