Architect and Expert Witness
3 days left
- Full Time
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
The Road Less Travelled.
Cowan Architects are looking for an Architect with healthcare and/ or residential experience including a passion for inclusive design to work with them as an Architect and Expert Witness.
Based in East Grinstead, the successful candidate will join a busy and highly regarded team of Expert Witnesses as part of the wider architectural practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architect who is interested in applying their knowledge in a different career direction, whilst still building their skills as an Architect.
What you can expect
A 6-12-month training period is envisaged dependent upon existing skills and attributes, starting with shadowing other experts, preparing research and producing shadow reports before accepting instructions in their own name. Both in-house training and the opportunity to attend a university affiliated Expert Witness course will be provided. All of the practicing Architects, who have taken this ‘road less travelled’ over the last 20 years, remain enthused with their decision to do something slightly different and thoroughly enjoy operating within this specialist and exclusive field.
The successful candidate will use their architectural skills, healthcare and/or residential experience to access the accommodation needs of clients who have been disabled as a result of clinical negligence or personal injury and involved in the litigation process.
It is essential that the candidate is able to present themselves as a practising Architect with relevant industry experience. As a fully trained Expert Witness, medium to long term remuneration expectations will be significantly higher than those which could normally be achieved with a senior management position within an architectural practice.
Skills & Experience:
- ARB registered
- Driving licence
- 10 years’ post qualification experience required
- Healthcare background is preferable, with experience of designing for disabled individual
- Outgoing, articulate, literate, personable
- Confident and assured approach
- Visiting claimants in their homes, making an assessment of their disability needs and future accommodation requirements
- Attending case conferences with legal teams
- Attending Court to give evidence, on the rare occasion a case succeeds to trial.
- Providing architectural services for build out schemes resulting from expert witness work, when required
Cowan Architects is an established yet progressive practice with a friendly, relaxed and open culture.
Apply for Architect and Expert Witness
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly