Architect (Heritage + High-End Residential) - Battersea, London
Do you have a passion for traditional/heritage, high-end residential architecture? This is a rare opportunity for an Architect to join one of the most prestigious, heritage practices in London
Specialists in creative, private residential work of the highest quality, projects involve working with listed buildings throughout the UK, Europe, US and beyond. The practice celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2016 and with 2 UK based offices, they strive only for the best and continue to create beautiful buildings that enhance their clients lives. Now seeking a passionate Architect to join their team of 18 in Battersea, my client is looking for an ‘all-rounder’ that is capable of considerable autonomy. Applicants must be Part III qualified, with experience in the high-end residential sector, ideally working on a variety of traditional, historic and listed buildings types.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal individual will be confident and comfortable working on demanding projects and will work closely alongside the directors across a variety of live projects. You will be expected to work within teams, to nurture client relationships, to add input in the development of the strategic and detailed design at various stages and to see implementation of these projects through construction. This is seen as a strategic appointment within the practice. For the right candidate, the position has no limit on the long-term potential.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Client liaison
- Developing the design of projects from initial concept, through working drawings to completion
- Presenting designs
- Submitting projects through the planning and LBC process
- Supervising & administering projects on and off site
- Performing efficiently and being responsible for members of your team
Required Skills & Experience
You should be able to hold the confidence of demanding clients, design with detail and flair and negotiate the planning process. In addition to this you should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 2 years professional working experience within the UK
- Consider yourself an ‘all-rounder’ with a flexible and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess a minimum of 2 years post Part 3 experience
- Excellent detailing ability
- Knowledge of contractual and statutory planning requirements
- Experience through all RIBA stages of a project from inception to completion
- Experience of working with Listed buildings; conservation skills are an advantage
- Excellent communication and self-presentation skills for dealing with clients
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Ability to hand draw and demonstrate ideas quickly and fluidly to clients
- Ability to supervise projects
- Excellent people skills
- Willingness to do some travelling for work
- An enjoyment of beautiful architecture and interest in traditional architectural methods
Salary & Package
Circa £35,00 DOE
Working hours are 9.30 am – 6 pm. You will receive 20 working days holiday a year + 8 bank holidays and discretionary Xmas holiday closure allowance. After two completed holiday years of service you will accrue 1 additional days’ holiday per year, to a total of 25 days. An auto enrolment pension will also be provided. A performance based annual bonus is also available.
You will be joining a busy, yet fun environment within a talented and knowledgeable team of people. Personal and professional progression and growth is important, and there is a strong commitment to the development of their staff. Located close to the riverbank, the office has been designed by the practice themselves and is fully furnished to a high standard. In house CPD is available along with the provision of professional memberships.