Part II Architectural Assistant (Revit Fluent)
Interested in developing yourself professionally with a practice that genuinely cares about your success? This is a role for a passionate, committed and experienced Part II Architectural Assistant, looking to join a family feel practice that cares about helping you become the best version of yourself.
Established nearly 45 years ago, my client now has 3 offices UK wide and are 35 staff strong. Originally recognised for their expertise within the residential sector, their portfolio has diversified itself hugely over the years. Other sectors now managed by them include education, civic, culture, commercial, heritage and super prime residential.
A D&B practice with a healthy pipeline of work, live projects include a large-scale office development and depot, 80 and 70-unit residential builds, a £25m school, a super prime residence in Belgravia, a restaurant and an assortment of other office and multi-unit residential schemes. Managing everything from design to build, you’ll be exposed to and experience working in multiple sectors early on in your career.
The company’s ethos ‘communication, communication, communication’ applies to both how they work with their clients and their staff. They believe that being open, transparent and hardworking is the way to build and maintain successful working relationships. If you are looking to work with a supportive team, this is the opportunity for you.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be brought in to assist the architectural team on a variety of projects that are currently underway. It is likely that you will be introduced to either a multi-unit residential project or largescale office development. You will have the opportunity to work across all RIBA stages 0-7 and will not be pigeon holed into specific stages.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Part II Qualified Architectural Assistant
- Experience in practice would be beneficial
- Full fluency in Revit is vital for this appointment
- An interest in a variety of residential project types, commercial and education work
- Able to use your own initiative and take instruction on board
- Always striving to be the best at what you do
- Be a creative thinker with a passion for design and a good eye for detail
- Technically strong and able to demonstrate your ability in RIBA stages 3-5 on live projects
- Eager to continue learning and taking on board new knowledge in your role
- Able to demonstrate projects worked on using Revit in professional practice
- Knowledge of SketchUp and Photoshop
- Have the desire to complete your Part III within the practice in the future
- Keen to develop yourself and show commitment to the practice
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Open and honest
- Fantastic written and verbal English
- Ideally be able to start ASAP
Please note that applicants without full fluency in Revit will not be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
£28,000 - £32,000 DOE + Workplace Pension
Office working hours are 9am – 5.30pm
The company’s office can be found in the London borough of Lambeth, close to the Albert Embankment. A 9-minute walk from Vauxhall train station and a 13-minute walk from both Kennington and Lambert North tube stations, the location offers commuters multiple route options for their travel.
You will be joining a medium sized practice that operate much like a family and have a prominent presence of staff support. The studio invests heavily in their staff and regularly carry out both in-house and external training, tailoring their approach to each employee’s development needs and offering CPD. Staff are encouraged to continue to build on their experience whilst working with the practice. They support candidates that wish to continue their studies alongside their work and believe that the combination of further education and hands on experience equals the perfect Architect to be.
With long standing members of the practice still loyal to the practice, there is a great appreciation for everyone’s efforts from management. Social events are regularly organized, BBQ’s and drinks, as well as pizzas ordered if ever a late night is required. However late nights aren’t a regular thing, you’ll find yourself leaving the office in very good time most days, which can be a rarity in Architecture.
Apply for Part II Architectural Assistant (Revit Fluent)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly