Project Architect / Project Manager (Residential Planning) - Deptford, London
2 days left
- Full Time
I’m looking for a Project Architect that has strong leadership skills and project management experience, to join one of London’s most successful planning permission Architects.
I’m representing a RIBA charted, multidisciplinary practice established 5 years ago that has quickly developed a reputation as one of London’s most successful planning permission Architects for residential renovations, conversions, extensions and new build flats and houses. They’ve an unmatched success rate for planning permissions and with an ever-growing workload, they now wish to welcome on-board a Project Architect/Project Manager to their family feel team in Deptford.
Approximately 95% of their work is residential and 5% commercial. Projects typically range from large private houses to extensions/conversions across a variety of values. The majority of works are for planning applications, building regulations and tender drawings, although they also have extensive experience in luxury interior design projects in Central London and sustainable urban design projects for greenbelt land developments in the UK.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading a team of 3-4 Planners/Architects
- Ensuring the team are working effectively, productively and meeting deadlines
- Managing multiple projects at one time
- Shared responsibility for general operations of the office
- Collaborating with built environment professionals and liaising directly with clients
- Working independently when required
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years UK professional experience
- 2 + years project management experience
- Ability to demonstrate experience of leading architecture/planning teams
- Confident working from planning permission applications through construction for the refurbishment of old structures and new build low rise/midrise residential developments
- A people person with fantastic leadership skills
- Efficient, focused, innovative and driven
- A knowledge of town planning would be hugely beneficial
- Client facing experience
- A practical and productive approach
- Ability to stand your ground in a collaborative, open working environment
- Knowledge of ArchiCAD and BIM would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Decisive, able to delegate to team members and support staff when required
- Fantastic communication and negotiation skills
Salary & Package
Fully dependent on experience.
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive 20 days holiday + bank holidays, Christmas closure, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. Office hours are 9am – 5.30 pm Monday – Friday.
A 7-minute walk from Deptford train station and 11-minute walk from Greenwich station, there is no need for the underground here. An up and coming area of London, new bars and restaurants seem to open weekly. What sets Deptford apart from its arty east side counterparts is its strong South London identity and its maritime history. Clues to the area’s past as a major dockyard can be found around every corner, and only adds to its quirky charm. Located in Zone 2, the office is an easily commutable location for those who live both inside and outside of London.
Almost like family, the team consists of 13 design staff who are close and considerate of one another. Personality is key when working here, it is important that you are a likeminded individual to the others and have a genuine interest in making the business successful and supporting those that work within it.
Staff regularly go out for social drinks and dinners and celebrate birthdays, an environment suitable for a chatty and social individual. The team are rewarded well with performance related bonuses as thanks for their individual efforts.
Apply for Project Architect / Project Manager (Residential Planning) - Deptford, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly