Part II Architectural Assistant
3 days left
- Full Time
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture practice based in the creative hub of Bethnal Green, East London.
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
We are currently working on regeneration schemes for half a billion pounds worth of new homes and work places, and our long term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We are looking for an ambitious architectural assistant who wants to gain a huge amount of experience and become part of a vibrant, young team. This is a perfect opportunity for proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual to flourish in an exciting practice and work in a great studio environment.
- Candidates should have a flair and passion for effective design and strong technical design skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across the board are required to interact with clients and team members alike.
- Be reliable and have the ability to multi task.
- Have great IT skills and be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet.
- Have an interest in innovative technology.
- Good hand drawn skills.
- Software skills: Vectorworks/Revit.
- Technical knowledge is an advantage - we will look at details in the interview and expect candidates to be knowledgeable.
- Experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, 3DMax, Rendering.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year’s job running experience post-part 2, preferably in the UK.
- RIBA stages from 0 to 7.
- Working on contract values between £750K and £25m.
- Working on both refurbishment and new builds.
- Sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process.
- This is a permanent position immediate start date.
Working with us gives you:
- Salary – depends on the candidate and their experience but in the region of £25-35K p.a.
- Training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development.
- Revit training as standard.
- Opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future directorship.
- An office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment.
- Regular social activities and an annual trip abroad.
- Being part of a committed equal opportunities company.
How to apply:
- The subject line of your email MUST include your name and the position you are applying for.
- ****Independent applicants only - NO agency appointments considered****
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Please contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office.
- If you have applied for this position in the past four months, please do not reapply.
- Please do not use your email as your motivational/covering letter.
- Please send your covering letter, CV and work samples as attachments to your email (preferably as PDFs) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Part II Architectural Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly