1 day left
- Full Time
Are you a qualified Architect with a few years experience under your belt now looking to step up and broaden your horizons? Are you ready to take on more responsibility, run your own projects from start to finish and manage a small team?
Are you fed up with life in the city – how about a surf before work? Fancy site visits to glorious locations across the South West? Working somewhere where the pace of life is a little less hectic and you have time to live, but the desire to create beautiful spaces and buildings still burns strong.
A terrific opportunity is available for one such Architect to join our merry band based in beautiful North Devon. We offer a relaxed working environment in a pleasant Grade II listed studio, (each workstation has a 27" iMac), flexi-leave, company pension scheme, cyclesheme, company pool car, in-house CPD's, study trips, office socials and the chance for career progression with a wide variety of design challenges!
We love what we do and are looking a talented Architect to be a meaningful part of our team for the long term. We're looking for someone with a well rounded skill set including proven contemporary design and presentation skills. Typical tasks will include:
- Meeting clients to explore a brief;
- Developing concept design proposals;
- Design opportunities and constraints reports;
- Presentation drawings;
- 3D CAD modelling and visualizations;
- Hand sketches;
- Making presentations to clients and external organisations;
- Preparing planning applications, (including written reports);
- Technical design & specification writing;
- Preparing building control applications;
- Contract administration duties on site.
Working as part of a growing and enthusiastic team, you can expect to take a key role in a wide range and scale of projects including hotels and leisure, residential, community, education, conservation and private houses. You will never be bored!
In return we are looking for people who have:
- Qualification as a UK Registered Architect;
- A positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic outlook on life;
- Minimum of 5 years PQE work experience in the UK;
- Strong contemporary design creativity;
- The ability to produce freehand sketches;
- Good CAD skills, (experience of Vectorworks will be an advantage);
- Good InDesign & Photoshop skills
- The ability to manage their own time and those of a small team effectively;
- Good communication skills, both in person and in writing;
- The ability to get on with people, from professional colleagues to titled clients to tradesman.
In the first instance, please email your CV and recent examples of your own work in practice, along with a covering letter, (describing what you offer and why you’d like to join us to: email@example.com
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly