Part 2 Assistants - Talented Designers Wanted
A terrific opportunity is available for two talented Architectural Assistants to join an expanding firm of Architects based in beautiful North Devon. We offer a relaxed working environment in a pleasant Grade II listed studio, (each workstation has a 27" iMac), flexi-leave, company pension scheme, company pool car, in-house CPD's, study trips and the chance for career progression with a wide variety of design challenges!
We love what we do and are looking for two talented people to take a hands-on role and be a meaningful part of our team. We're looking for people with strong contemporary design and presentation skills, particularly at the front end of projects. Typical tasks will include:
- concept design proposals;
- design opportunities and constraints reports;
- presentation drawings;
- 3D CAD modelling and visualizations;
- hand sketches;
- taking part in design presentations;
- preparing planning applications, (including written reports);
- some technical design;
- assisting with contract administration duties on site.
Working as part of a growing and enthusiastic team, you can expect to take a key role in a wide range of projects sectors including hotels and leisure, residential, community, education, conservation and private houses in some truly stunning locations.
This is a great chance for a Part 2 Architectural Assistant wishing to get lots of hands on experience at all stages of projects to achieve the Part 3 qualification. We can offer a high level of support to help you with that including study leave and mentoring. In return we are looking for people who have:
- A positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic outlook on life;
- Minimum of 1 years relevant work experience in the UK;
- Strong design creativity;
- The ability to produce freehand illustrations and 3D renders;
- Good CAD skills, (experience of Vectorworks will be an advantage);
- Good InDesign & Photoshop skills
- The ability to manage their own time effectively;
- A fresh approach to contemporary design.
In the first instance, please email your CV and recent examples of your own work, both at University and in practice, with a covering letter, (describing what you offer and why you’d like to join us) to: email@example.com