Part II Architectural Assistant (High End Residential)
With an enviable portfolio of prestigious projects, you’ll be working for one of the most well established, high end residential focused practices in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically minded Part II Architectural Assistant, to join an established Architecture and Design consultancy based in the beautiful Chelsea Harbour. With a prestigious client base stretching across prime areas of London, including the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, the practice has developed a strong reputation for delivering some of the most luxurious and bespoke properties not only in England, but also in Europe, America and Asia.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be brought in to support the team with their current project workload, specifically within the super prime residential sector. Although as a Part II you will get to work throughout all RIBA stages of projects, it is important that you are able to produce quality technical drawing packages and construction detailing, as you will initially be brought in to stage 4 of a project and will be expected to apply these skills to both this and a number of other complex and bespoke residential projects.
To begin your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Preparing planning drawings for statutory approval authorities
- Preparing and presenting technical 2D design solutions using Auto CAD and traditional methods
- Producing production information
- Produce construction packages
- Undertake technical research in to products and building materials as directed by the Technical Director
- Assist with site inspections by either condition surveys, site progress and analysis of build work and defects
- Undertake quality inspections, i.e. snagging
- Prepare photographic, sketch up and 3D visuals
- Assist with the detailed design process of small schemes and layouts for space planning
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working within the high-end residential sector, ideally with a portfolio of projects across prime boroughs of London
- Good knowledge of UK planning and building consents
- A minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Fully qualified as a Part II Architectural Assistant
- Confident working in technical design and construction stages
- A good eye for detail
- Able to think in 3 dimension
- Good hand sketching skills are hugely beneficial
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD
- NBS experience is beneficial but not essential
- Confident hitting the ground running
- Able to work using your own initiative
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Fantastic written and verbal English
- Ideally be able to start ASAP
All applicants should be able to portray a high level of organisational and multitasking skills as well as all round capabilities.
Salary & Package
£27,000 - £33,000 (Dependent on experience) + workplace pension
You will be joining a highly successful and well established architectural practice, where you’ll find the team is formed of professional Architects and Designers who are passionate for quality London and international housing. Based in the beautiful Chelsea Harbour area, the office is just a 3-minute walk from the local train station, making this a perfect location for commuters traveling from both inside and outside of London.