Associate Architect - Oxfordshire
An award-winning practice based in a truly stunning village location in Oxfordshire, have an new role for an Associate architect to join them. Offering the chance lead and shape the design direction of the business and long-term career development, this is a great opportunity for the talented and ambitious design led architect
The practice is based in south Oxfordshire in a stunning village location. The role would fit within the established Architectural team working closely with the inhouse planning team on several Education and residential development projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Promoting a high quality “design culture” in the office through increased exposure of staff to high-quality architecture and place-making, and the benefits of good design.
- Responsible directly to the Partners and capable of taking instructions and managing/supervising other staff for the effective management of projects and staff within the office.
- A high level of personal and professional integrity and trust commensurate with the position of Associate. In this respect particular emphasis on supporting company policy and collective decision-making is expected.
- To be a pro-active member of the Senior Management Team and work with the other Associates and Practice Manager in ensuring effective and efficient management of the business.
- Effective client liaison at all stages of projects being worked upon.
- Preparing project programmes and timetables for projects in the office.
- Advising on and managing teams of suitably skilled staff for larger projects.
- Maintaining a high level of skill and professionalism in all areas of architecture and project management to ensure the effective delivery of commissions from inception to completion with the emphasis on ‘getting
- Assisting the partners in the recruitment of new staff to suit skills requirements,
- Assessing and planning workload within the office (both short and long term), monitoring project progress and advising upon allocation of resources accordingly.
- Regularly monitoring of project fee expenditure.
- the partners at social events, client negotiations etc.Assisting the partners in developing and maintaining an effective marketing strategy.
- Assisting in raising the quality of work produced by the partnership, in monitoring the quality assurance systems and checking of work produced by other prior to dispatch.
- Assisting the partners in developing the practice, particularly in respect of new sectors of work and in the growth of services offered by the partnership.
- Acting on behalf of the partnership in the absence of the partners and in the representingRequired Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in an Associate level role.
- Chartered Member of the RIBA would be an advantage
- Experience managing performance of teams
- Track record of delivering architectural projects across all work stages
- Excellent design skills in both concept and detailed design
- Experience of standard building contracts including, particularly the JCT Minor and Intermediate forms
- Contract administration in relation to building contracts using the above delivered on time and on budget
- Track record within the residential, commercial and educational sectors
- Ambitious and motivated to drive the business forward
- Demonstrates strong leadership
Salary & Package
The role would offer a salary of £50,000 to £55,000 depending on experience plus Bonus along with several benefits such as a contribution pension of 3%, payment of professional memberships, investor in people award
winning training schemes and support programs.
Supplied company laptop computer.
31 days holiday a year with an increase of a day a year for 5 years.
The office is located close to the village centre with a number of shops and restaurants nearby. The company are very passionate about the well being of there team and currently several team events such as team breakfasts barbecues, and days out. They also operate Childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes.