OWAL Architects is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Project Architect to join their versatile team of talented designers based on Tower Bridge Road and within easy reach of London Bridge Station. You will have the opportunity to lead a number of projects from designing and delivering beautiful Grade II* Listed homes for discerning private clients to multi-unit luxury apartments for leading developers. In addition, you will also be given the opportunity to apply and develop your skills and knowledge in various other projects in the practice including masterplanning, hotels and commercial projects
This is an ideal role for an Architect that is creative yet pragmatic and methodical in their approach, wants to develop their team leadership and commercial skills and expand on their project and sector experience and an Architect that seeks to develop professionally in an exciting and growing architectural practice that champion’s personal growth and is driven by an ethos of collaboration, agility of minds and commitment to achieving excellence in design, quality and service.
- minimum two years Post Part-III experience in a UK practice
- comprehensive project running experience on residential projects through RIBA work stages 0-7.
- experience in delivering pitches/concept schemes to agents and private clients with confidence to support proposed designs
- knowledge and experience of working with local planning authorities across London boroughs with an excellent understanding of UK building and planning regulations
- strong technical skills including experience in producing and coordinating technical drawings for tender and construction
- ability to coordinate, manage and liaise effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and the internal design team
- good knowledge of NBS specification writing
- competence in Vectorworks, SketchUp and the Adobe Suite as a minimum
- knowledge of UK CDM regulations
- willingness to take responsibility and able to use own initiative
- professional development mentorship and training opportunities
- personal training gym membership
- pension scheme
- team social activities including team lunches, barbecues, sports activities and architecture trips
- sponsorship opportunities for participation in creative, sport or charity related events
If you’re interested in the Project Architect position in London, please submit a covering letter in addition to your CV and Sample Portfolio detailing your specific experience, and telling us why you believe you are the right candidate for this role.