Senior Contracts Advisor
Job Title: Senior Contracts Advisor
To be a key part of the small Legal Team, and be responsible for:
- Taking a proactive and leading role in reviewing and negotiating architects’ professional appointments and related contracts, particularly from the architectural services point of view, but also considering:
- Both liability and commercial aspects; and
- The requirements of the practice’s insurers;
- Advising internally on matters in connection with our professional appointments and promoting good practice;
- Communicating with clients, insurers and outside counsel; and
- Assisting with claims and potential claims against the practice in conjunction with insurers and outside counsel.
- Very substantial experience as an architect;
- Substantial experience of reviewing and negotiating architectural appointments and related contracts such as non-disclosure agreements, sub-consultants’ appointments, collateral warranties and novation agreements;
- A precise and convincing style of written English;
- A talent for communicating with clients and clients’ lawyers in a friendly and constructive manner, at the same time being firm and persuasive in negotiating favourable terms;
- The ability to explain legal issues in layman’s terms; and
- A flexible approach whilst promoting the practice’s legal and commercial interests internally, at all times being an integral part of the tp bennett team.