Part III Project Architect
Part III Project Architect
London, United Kingdom
Baca Architects are seeking a talented post Part-III Architect to join our friendly and growing team in London Bridge.
Baca Architects are a young and dynamic multi-award winning practice internationally recognised for our low energy, flood resilient design. We were recently named Urban Design Practice 2016 and have three projects shortlisted for RIBA House of the Year 2016.
We are looking for an architect with at least 2 years post-Part III, with experience of running projects in the UK, preferably in the residential and leisure sector. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver technical detailing and working drawing/information packages for tender and construction works. They will be confident with site management and comfortable in taking responsibility for running a project (working as part of a team and independently), dealing with clients, and managing team members, and consultant/construction teams.
We have a number of projects starting on site so site experience is essential, but the candidate will also gain experience on a variety of projects at varying stages of design and scales. These include an eco hotel and spa, Commonwealth memorial, flood resilient housing scheme, and one off luxury private houses.
You will be given a high level of responsibility and the directors offer support and career progression opportunities to those delivering enthusiasm and performance in return.
Role and requirements:
- Overseeing the conceptual/technical design and construction works on site
- Ability to produce planning and technical drawing/information packages on time and to a high level of detail and accuracy
- Experience of Contract Administration
- Liaising with the consultant teams and coordination of design services
- Dealing with clients and chairing design team meetings as lead consultant
- Good project management skills – overseeing team members, cost management and project programme
- Report writing and preparation
- A good understanding of current planning guidelines and UK building regulations
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in English, written and spoken
- Highly proficient with CAD (VectorWorks) and BIM (Revit/ArchiCad)
- Proficient with 3D modelling (SketchUp) and Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Team player and sociable
Baca is an equal opportunities employer. The starting salary will be negotiated in accordance with professional experience.
Please address all applications or enquiries with example portfolios for the attention of Patrick Carter.
Apply for Part III Project Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly