We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated Architectural Assistant (Part 2 or above), Technician or Technologist to join our team on a permanent basis, starting immediately or as soon as possible.
Jane Jones-Warner Associates is an architectural practice based in Chichester, West Sussex specialising in all types of work to historic buildings and settings; grade I, II* and II listed buildings, scheduled ancient monuments, new-build projects, in addition to works to unlisted buildings located in historic or sensitive settings.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our busy practice. Reporting to the Principal Architect, the successful Architectural Assistant/Technician/Technologist will be part of a team and expected to work freely with all others in the office.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out research in project background and history, carrying out measured surveys and preparing feasibility schemes
- Presenting to clients and liaising with consultants
- Making planning applications and listed building applications and negotiating with planners, preparing building regulations and applications, specifications and schedules of work
- Involvement in tender process and contract administration, including understanding and becoming involved in CDM regulations and your role as lead designer, both in relation to the client and principle contractor
- Inspections on site and site visits, attending site meetings and design team meetings, administering contract and cost control
- Attending quinquennial inspections and preparing reports
We are prepared to offer an excellent salary for the right candidate which will reflect experience and proven ability (£25,000 to £33,000 dependent on experience).
Previous experience in conservation would be a benefit but not essential, although you must be able to demonstrate a particular interest in historic buildings conservation.
Key skills required:
- RIBA Part 2 (or above) or CIAT qualified, or qualified through experience
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills
- Team player with ‘can-do’ attitude and good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to balance workload
- Proficient in AutoCAD and SketchUp; knowledge of Adobe suite (including Photoshop and InDesign) would also be beneficial
- Excellent literacy and report writing skills with keen attention to detail
If you are an Architectural Assistant, Technician or Technologist interested in the position and would like to work in West Sussex, please send an up to date CV outlining your qualifications and previous experience on a maximum of 6 pages (including illustrations), together with a covering email explaining why you are the person for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.