Farrells are internationally recognized award-winning architect planners. We are specializing in high quality, mixed-use urban complexes, often based around transport interchanges. We have a passion for environmental sustainability, using resources wisely and creating resilient communities.
The architecture grows organically, delivered through carefully considered processes starting with the big picture into the detail design and through construction, always responding to the needs of existing and new communities as well as our clients. We are at the leading edge of thinking about city making and are currently looking for talented design and technical ARB Registered Architects to join our professional team.
Candidate will need a minimum of 5+ years’ post qualification experience working in a similar role within the Architectural industry.
- Have impressive design skills and on site experience.
- Have excellent consultation and consolidation skills.
- Be highly proficient in project management, coordination and have a contractual understanding of projects.
- Have advanced knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to building projects, knowledge of modern architectural construction methods and experience in solving architectural design and construction problems.
- Important skills include excellent written and oral communication skills, decision-making and problem solving skills, administrative and management skills; leadership and interpersonal skills, advanced computer knowledge, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Oversee all aspects of the design and construction process of a building project, from developing and reviewing building plans to making sure a project meets environmental and zoning standards.
- Determine and schedule different stages of the building process according to client needs.
- During construction site visits, monitor progress and ascertain whether phases of the construction process are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines.
- Lead a team of designers and junior architects, oversee architectural projects, evaluate existing information and reformulate building programmes.
- Adapt building codes, design and implement creative concepts of architectural layout and formulate and oversee project range, budgets, schedules and client expectations.
- Manage financial aspect of projects; organizing construction documents and assuming responsibility for finished plans, specifications, and management approval of materials and construction.
- Attend site meetings and administer the contract.
The candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated, with an eye for detail and a meticulous approach to work.
- Have the ability to manage a diverse range of tasks, involving different people.
- Be highly proactive and have strong people skills.
- Be highly organised and efficient in handling multiple projects of varying sizes.
- Have a good understanding of CAD/Architects drawings.
- Architectural degree required
- ARB registration required
- Proficient in standard industry software
- Rapport 3 preferred
- Newforma preferred
- Revit proficiency
- Residential / mixed use experience
- Understanding of the Equality Act
- 5 years London experience
- Planning application experience
- Design team coordination experience
- Design skills
- Preferably 3-5 years qualified
- Working in a large team
- Permanent health insurance.
- Group Life Assurance (2x salary as insurance against death).
- Employer Pension Contribution.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Farrells first Friday of the month drinks and subsidised drinks at local tapas bar.
- Variety of sponsored staff activities such as yoga, art classes, softball and more.