Architectural Expert Witness
Architectural Expert Witness: An ambitious Architect with residential and healthcare architectural experience is required to join an established practice working as an Expert Witness. Cowan Architects offer innovative design solutions coupled with a high level of personal service. The successful Expert Witness will prepare reports assessing the housing needs of clients currently involved in the litigation process who are disabled as a result of personal injury or clinical negligence.
The Expert Witness will join a small but busy team of highly regarded Architects working as Accommodation Experts. The role will suit an experienced Architect who is interested in applying their knowledge in a different career direction, whilst still building their skills as an Architect. A 6-12-month training period is envisaged dependent upon existing skills and attributes, starting with shadowing other experts, preparing research and producing shadow reports before “going solo”. Both in-house training and the opportunity to attend an External Witness course will be provided.
It is essential that the Expert Witness is able to present themselves as a practising Architect with relevant industry experience. As a practising Architect and Expert Witness, medium to long term remuneration expectations will be significantly more than that which could normally be achieved with a senior management position within an architectural practice.
- Visiting claimants at their homes, making an assessment of their disability needs and future design requirements
- Attending case conferences with Solicitors
- Occasionally attending court if required to give evidence
- Providing architectural services when required for build out schemes resulting from expert witness work
Skills & Experience:
- RIBA qualified
- Driving licence
- 5 years’ post qualification required
- Designing for disability or healthcare, preferably with experience of housing for disabled individuals (desired)
- Outgoing, articulate, literate, personable
- Confident and assured approach
This is an exciting opportunity for an Architect to join an established yet progressive Architectural practice with a friendly culture and low staff turnover. Competitive salary, benefits and free parking. Due to the nature of the role travel within the UK and occasionally internationally will be required. Apply now!
Apply for Architectural Expert Witness
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly