We are an established residential design and build main contractor based in Balham, South London. Our niche is the residential market, working on refurbishment projects and new builds. The majority of our work is house renovations, loft conversions and house extensions. We pride ourselves on our luxury fit-outs and structural refurbishments. Our business is extremely well managed, with a reputation for producing quality projects on time and on budget.
Due to a large pipeline of work, we are looking for a Architect to join our team. The ideal candidate will need to be able to confidently produce drawings/designs for a range of varied projects. Communicate with clients and contractors on all projects to ensure the design process is carried out to all the necessary requirements. Carry out site surveys and report findings to the team and client. The role will require working with clients, so tact, discretion and an ability to engage with people is important, as is experience of problem solving.
The applicant should have sound technical experience and some experience of job running skills including, but not limited to:
- Contract Administration
- Proficient in 2D & 3D CAD software
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience within the UK – ideally in the residential sector
- Must be able to produce technical and accurate construction drawings
- RIBA / ARB qualified / registered
- Have a full understanding of current UK planning processes and building regulations
- Takes responsibility for checking own work and that produced by others including external consultants and contractors
- Motivated to work with minimal supervision
- Confident liaising with clients and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills with fluent verbal and written English is essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
- To be able to produce detailed drawings for Building Regulations Applications & tender packages
- Create engaging designs that exceed the project and client briefs for our construction team
This an office based position, Full-Time, Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
If this sounds like the challenge you are after, please send your CV with a covering letter to Oliver Fripp.
Should you be considered for an interview we will require you to bring 2 examples of your design and creative ability to showcase for our Managing Director.
No recruitment agencies please
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly