Senior Urban Designer
If you are a experienced Senior Urban Designer looking for a design led practice who offers great benefits and values its staff then this could be the role for you. An established, award winning multidisciplinary practice who have built a strong reputation outside of London is currently in the process of expanding its urban design in its London office located in Mayfair.
The practice was established over 30 years ago with over 80 employees spread over their 2 offices.
Projects will include residential, leisure, commercial and education. The practice prides itself on its design focused and its employee engagement, so this role is ideal for those looking for a long term rewarding role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Devise creative design solutions on a range of masterplanning projects and design strategies
- Prepare rigorous site analysis and contextual analysis work
- Initiate the preparation of Design & Access Statements and Design Codes by preparing
- drawings and text as well as formatting the documents
- Review relevant local regional and national planning policies
- Assist senior members with fee proposals and project management
- Undertake day-to-day management of smaller projects
- Support the design teams through the research into project specific urban design issues
- Attend client meetings with senior members (attend alone when required)
- Attend public consultation events
- Lead site visits
Required Skills & Experience
Experience in major development projects in the commercial, mixed use and retail sectors in the UK
Excellent communication and engagement skills
Strong design skills essential
Liaise effectively with other teams and external consultants
Excellent organisational skills
Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure
Ability to work in teams and on own initiative
Experience of the following software would be desirable;
– Adobe Creative Suite
Salary & Package
A competitive salary is offered fully dependent on experience, alongside the following benefits;
Private healthcare scheme
Death in service
Permanent health insurance
Generous Annual leave entitlement
Payment of all appropriate professional subscriptions
Company pension scheme
The practice has a very active social committee who organise monthly events from company parties, office excursions and evening socials, including wine tasting, quiz night, greyhound racing amongst many others.
They have a variety of groups to cater to all hobbies including football and netball teams, book club and sketch group. Additionally, the organisation offers extensive inhouse CPD sessions and support to gain professional accreditations.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Senior Urban Designer job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9544
Hunter Dunning = Senior Urban Designer Jobs – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists