Architect - RIBA Part III
Who we are looking for: A Strong Delivery Architect
We are looking for a talented RIBA Senior Part III Architect with at least 2 years UK experience with an entrepreneurial spirit and residential experience to share our innovative growth plan.
The right person must be:
- A skilled architect: a creative designer able to run residential projects through all RIBA stages.
- Experience in high-end residential (single family houses and small developments) and commercial projects
- Experience in construction drawings packages
- Strong AutoCAD and Sketch Up skills essential. Revit advantageous as we would like to start using it in the future
- strong graphics (InDesign and Photoshop) advantageous
- Available to start within a month
- A people person: Great communications skills and fluent spoken and written English. Confident to deal with their team, as well as our lovely private clients, consultants, partners and network
- Passionate, driven, motivated, proactive, kind, honest and fun
Salary depending on experience £30k-£45K
Who we are
Located in North London, XUL Architecture is a RIBA Chartered practice with over 10 years of experience who specialises in high quality design of residential and commercial projects. We are lucky to have a team of 10 great, professional and wonderful people. We recognise the importance of supporting our team so this year we have worked with 'Engage and Grow' to bring out the best in each one of us. We have also introduced the team to 'Mindfulness and Meditation' and are planning a workshop next year with The Breathe Academy.
We are located in the beautiful Belsize Village, close to transport and local amenities. We encourage a healthy work-life balance and organise regular social events. There are great opportunities to grow within the business.
What we believe in
We recognise there is a lack of business skills in Architecture. We are a commercially minded, client centred architecture practice and believe as a team we should be designing beautiful and functional buildings, and making the architecture profession profitable.
We have financial transparency with the team as we think it is vital for everyone to understand the financial aspects of running a project and the impact on the practice.
As part of our business strategy, we are innovating by expanding the business through a second shop in Hampstead. Our aim is to become market leaders by becoming the local go-to architect. We are strong believers in the power of networking, of building strategic partnerships and having lots of coffees. We are always selling! Something we are also not taught in Architecture school.
We believe architecture is as much about design as it is about relationships.
So we put great emphasis on customer care and service. We believe the key to a successful project is 50% the journey and 50% the finished project.
Please send your CV and a cover letter with reasons why you would like to join us and outline your salary expectations, along with a selection of your work as a PDF (no larger than 5MB) to:
We would also be very happy to receive a short message / cover letter/ video message about you