Housing Layout Architect/Designer
This AJ50 practice has a great opportunity for a Housing Layout Architect/Designer to join its office in the centre of Reading. Offering a great working environment, benefits and the opportunity to work on a wide range of UK based Urban design projects.
This planning and design consultancy has offices around the UK offering the great combination of National coverage and local knowledge.
The office is made up of around 100 people and has invested in developing a fantastic working environment for their staff. Due to continued growth and success they are looking to take on an housing layout designer to join the Reading office.
Role & Responsibilities
You would be involved with a number of ongoing live residential, commercial and mixed-use projects.
The main focus of the role would be in producing high quality hand drawn proving and feasibility layouts at 1:500 scale and providing input to Design and Access Statements along with assessment of opportunities and constraints and other associated graphic output.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experienced housing layout designer, with experience in both contemporary and traditional housing on greenfield and redevelopment/regeneration schemes
• Strong freehand drawing layout design skills, including an ability to achieve both coverage and density
• Excellent and in depth house builder / developer knowledge
• Working knowledge of current UK building regulations would be beneficial
• An understanding of Planning issues and Local Authority design standards
• An ability to input into Design and Access Statements including an awareness of opportunities and constraints
• Experience of working closely with masterplanning and urban design teams.
• Ability to manage medium / large scale projects (up to 300 houses)
• Ability to manage and deliver work on time and to budget
• Business development capability – able to engage with clients and sell integrated design services
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop and Sketch-up would also be beneficial
Salary & Package
In addition to a highly competitive salary the successful candidate will be offered a number of additional benefits including Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Healthcare assistance, Company social events and the chance to join a company with unlimited opportunities for career progression
The company operates a variety of team events such as staff trips and parties.
They also have regular charity events so if you are feeling active the next Bike ride or Run is never far away.
The office is located in the city centre of Reading, and offering an amazing view of the whole of the city. The open plan office has offers a space designed to promote the wellbeing and creativity of the staff.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Master Planner job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to John.Watson@hunterdunning.co.uk or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9693
Hunter Dunning = Housing Layout Architect/Designer – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists
Apply for Housing Layout Architect/Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly