Architectural Technician/ Technologist
Are you an Architectural Technician/Technologist looking to join a super social practice, where your individual efforts will be genuinely appreciated and rewarded?
Due to a continuous and strong pipeline of work, my client is now looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Architectural Technician/Technologist, to join their friendly and warm welcoming team. Based in Southwark, the practice and its staff have a genuine love for their work and try to incorporate an element of fun into every project they do. The company has a relaxed working etiquette and strong appreciation for all their staff, resulting in low staff turnover and high levels of staff satisfaction.
This is a fast growing and vibrant multidisciplinary practice, run by a professional, enthusiastic and ambitious team of 35. They are innovative and technologically advanced, offer a great package of training, mentoring and support and have some highly creative design opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
With a mix of project typologies, varying in size and complexity, you’ll have the opportunity to work on anything from single houses and education, to mixed-use schemes and developments. These are large scale projects, of which you will be heavily involved in across all technical stages.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years professional working experience in the UK
- Qualified as an Architectural Technician
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification
- Experience in residential, mixed use schemes or housing development projects
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in ArchiCAD would be hugely beneficial, but training can be provided
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Fantastic attention to detail and solid technical ability
- The ability to work to strict deadlines, time management skills are essential
- Have confidence in yourself
- Be a hard worker with a commitment to producing work of a high quality
- Good working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Building Standards
- Good communication and co-ordination skills are key
- Friendly and personable
- Knowledge of NBS specification would be hugely beneficial
- Have a sociable nature
Salary & Package
£33,000 – £40,000 + benefits
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, along with yearly bonuses and the support of RIBA and ARB registrations where required. Childcare vouchers are also available, along with private healthcare. Working hours are 9:00 to 5:30, Monday to Friday.
The team are super sociable and fun loving. With the office located in such a fantastic area of London, staff make the most of the variety of restaurants and bars around them. Friday drinks are a regular as well as team lunches. There is a good life work balance within the company, but some late nights are expected in times of strict deadlines.
There are a variety of transport link options for commuters. My clients mission is to deliver design excellence, provide fulfilling staff development and dedicate approximately 5% of their time pro-bono to charity.