Ackroyd Lowrie are recruiting for an Associate / Associate Director
Ackroyd Lowrie is recruiting for an Associate / Associate Director
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture practice based in the creative hub of Bethnal Green, East London.
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
We are currently working on regeneration schemes for half a billion pounds worth of new homes and workplaces, and our long-term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We are looking for an ambitious associate who wants to gain a huge amount of experience and become part of a vibrant, young team. This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual to flourish in an exciting practice and work in a great studio environment.
- Candidates should have a flair and passion for effective design and strong technical design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across the board are required to interact with clients and team members alike
- Experience or understanding of resourcing projects and be able to manage a team effectively
- Be interested in helping run and grow a small business and have a great attention to detail
- Great project management skills
- Be reliable and have the ability to multi task
- An understanding and diplomacy when dealing with clients and be able to manage difficult situations professionally when required
- Have great IT skills and be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet
- Have an interest in innovative technology
- Good hand drawn skills
- Software skills must include: Vectorworks/Revit
- Experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, 3DMax, Rendering
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years job running experience post-part 3, preferably in the UK.
- RIBA stages from 0 to 7
- Working on contract values between £750k and £25m.
- Working on both refurbishment and new builds.
- Sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process.
- This is a permanent position immediate start date.
Working with us gives you:
- Salary – depends on the candidate and their experience but in the region of £40-50k PA
- Training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development
- Opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future directorship
- An office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment
- Regular social activities and an annual trip abroad
- Being part of a committed equal opportunities company.
How to apply:
- The subject line of your email MUST include your name and the position you are applying for.
- ****Independent applicants only - NO agency appointments considered****
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Please contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office.
- Please do not use your email as your motivational/covering letter.
- Please send your covering letter, CV and work samples as attachments to your email (preferably as PDFs) to: email@example.com