This design, building and construction group is currently looking for a CAD Technician; covering a range of specialist work in affordable housing, commercial, custodial, education, health, interiors and leisure, across both public and private sectors.
Purpose of role:
- To provide a complete level of CAD and drawing service to the Business Unit Planning Department. This role support to Pre-Qualification, Pre-Construction and Construction Stages of projects.
- To provide site logistics drawings to enhance Tender Method Statements for tender submissions
- To provide a service to live sites producing various site establishment and phasing plans
- To provide a Head Office point of contact for all Business Unit CAD operations
- Work closely with and take instructions from all members of the Planning Team
- Work closely with and take instructions from project managers as necessary
- To help to explore and integrate BIM within the Business Unit
- Utilisation of appropriate CAD Software will required
- Site visits will be necessary so as to establish site logistics constraints.
- To apply gained knowledge on future tasks
- Working at Pre Construction Stage to produce Site Logistics drawings for Tender Submissions
- Working at Pre Construction Stage to produce 2D and 3D Images so as to enhance Tender Submissions
- Produce 3D Phasing drawings to demonstrate construction strategy
- Working closely with live sites to produce on going site layout drawings
- Success will be measured by meeting deadlines and quality of Tender Submission
- Must have a working knowledge Construction Techniques
- Must have a sound working knowledge of Autocad, Sketch Up, Revit, Power Point, Photo Shop and Navisworks
- Preferably experienced in a construction environment
- Architectural knowledge would be advantageous
This is an integral role to support the Planning department and contribute to the success of the business unit.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.