Head Of Architecture (Super-Prime Residential) - Battersea, London
Are you ready for an invigorating new challenge as the Head of Architecture? A position where your high-end residential project experience can be thoroughly utilised to lead an Architectural team? This is your opportunity to join one of the most prestigious and luxurious multi-disciplinary studios of London today.
Founded over 30 years ago, my client has a reputation for producing some of the highest quality architectural and interior design projects. Renowned for creating exceptional designs for luxurious private residences, their work ranges from London penthouses and apartments, to family homes and country estates. With 2 UK offices and a team of 50 professionals, the studio infuse their projects with thoughtful attention to detail, from concept through to completion and deliver unique design solutions to meet client’s requirements.
This is the ideal role for someone who has hit the glass ceiling in their current practice and is ready to push for professional progression in a highly creative environment. A strategic decision has been made to introduce a ‘Head of Architecture’ to the London team, however due to a recent increase of work, my client is now ready to commit to bringing the perfect candidate on board.
Role & Responsibilities
As Head of Architecture you will lead creative concepts, run pitches, prepare and present design proposals and manage the day-to-day communication with clients on the highest profile projects. You will be responsible for the delivery output of projects within the Architectural team and will lead and inspire, coaching and mentoring Architects to support succession planning. This is a superb senior role with lots of autonomy and high-profile exposure, you must therefore be able to positively represent the business and brand.
Further responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop the design language of the studio
- Managing a team of Architects and multiple projects at once
- Responsible for the output and delivery of all projects
- Delivering client presentations and pitches
- Delivering projects on time
- Assisting with presentation material and presentations
- Ensure that the architecture, interiors and construction team work harmoniously together
- Reporting to the Managing Director
Once successfully establishing yourself within the practice the intension is to grow you further and expand your knowledge of business operations. You will begin to take on board additional responsibilities and relive these from the Managing Director, so that they can focus their efforts elsewhere. These responsibilities will mainly consist of operational duties; however, you will also ensure the successful integration of construction and design within the practice.
Working autonomously alongside the Design Director and Construction Director in house, you will be responsible for ensuring the process runs smoothly and the teams work with one another effectively and efficiency. This section of the job will either be incorporated further down the line once settled, or for someone with previous operations experience, this could be applied immediately.
Required Skills & Experience
As a key appointment for the business, you should have a solid track history of working for a high profile, London based Architectural practice and have developed a reputation for a strong design ethos and excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you will be a natural leader with a strong understanding of what motivates your team. In addition to this, you will should meet the following requirements:
- A fully qualified Architect (Ideally RIBA & ARB registered)
- A minimum of 5 years UK experience working on High-End and Prime Residential projects
- Demonstrable management experience
- Be methodical and strategical
- Have a hunger to succeed and climb the corporate ladder
- Experienced in running prestigious projects for private clients and delivering these to an exceptional standard
- Be able to demonstrate how you have successfully delivered highly complex projects
- Ability to demonstrate a proven ability to build and manage relationships with clients
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a flair for design and fantastic eye for detail
- An excellent knowledge of UK planning and listed building consents
- Excellent software knowledge of AutoCAD
- Enjoy and show a thorough understanding of the interface between design and construction
- Excellent 2D and 3D technical drawing ability
- Have an entrepreneurial nature
- Extensive UK experience within the Super-Prime Residential sector, with a portfolio of projects across prime boroughs of London
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
£100,000 – £120,000 DOE
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Head of Architecture job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to email@example.com or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9603
Hunter Dunning = Head of Architecture Jobs – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists