Architect (CAD Design)
Job Title: Architect (CAD Design)
Reports To: Head of Design
Work location: South Oxfordshire OX44 7XD
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Hours: Full time,will consider part-time hours
ABOUT GREEN UNIT
Established 2012, Green Unit manufactures the ARC - a high quality, healthy and sustainable modular timber building system, which can be easily configured to create bespoke layouts. The components are constructed at Green Unit’s factory and built into building sections for transport to site, where buildings are installed and commissioned in days.
ARC modules can be configured to meet a range of market needs including residential, commercial, Healthcare and premium holiday accommodation.
After extensive testing, prototyping and development, the business has already manufactured and sold the concept models in to key target markets. The Company is now ready to scale its operations by moving to a new factory and also growing our team.
As an Architect with CAD experience, you will be Lead Architect and Designer for Green unit, delivering building layouts, specifications, planning submissions, marketing and client-facing materials in accordance with the ARC modular building.
MAIN DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce designs and images of the proposed structure; including building layouts, elevations and specifications to meet the needs of clients and the in-house Marketing and Sales team
- Work as part of the R&D team, developing new adaptions of the ARC system, product improvements and new marketable products
- Develop in the use of CAD and Photoshop, learning new processes and skills to prepare images of concept buildings, showing them furnished, in use, and in landscape.
- Liaise with building regulations consultant, engineers, specialists and suppliers to ensure all designs are fully compliant at design stage.
- Produce production briefs for approved builds, detailing compliant specifications and configurations according to the client contract, and progress these with the Production and Procurement teams for implementation.
- Architect with advanced CAD design skills, especially Rhino 5/6 (Grasshopper experience an advantage)
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of timber and building materials and construction techniques
The post holder will live within a 45 minute commute of the Green Unit office/factory, or be willing to relocate to within that radius
Please contact Jonathan Finnerty email@example.com for more details
This job advertisement is not contractual and is liable to change over time.
Apply for Architect (CAD Design)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly