We are looking for a Part 1 or Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join our expanding design team. You will be working across many sectors including but not limited to: Design and Build, Office refurbishment, commercial fitout and industrial construction, with an extremely varied workload and large number of live projects. Working under an ARB registered Architect, you will have the opportunity to complete CPDs and training, and gain experience for RIBA PEDR record sheets.
ARW Specialist Building Contractors is a leading UK Commercial Principal Contractor - we provide full design and construction services to projects across a broad range of sectors. We pride ourselves on our end-to-end approach, undertaking everything from design & build to principal contracting and maintenance agreements.
Based in North Hertfordshire, in the last few years we have made quite a name for ourselves successfully delivering many high-profile projects. Clients include The Royal Opera House, The Royal Veterinary College, The Metropolitan Police, The Royal Mail, and London Underground. As well as large-scale projects such as these, we also provide refurbishment services to more local clients.
- Production of drawings using hand mark ups from preliminary status through to Tender, Construction and As Built/Installed.
- Site surveys and client meetings. Ascertaining briefs verbally and written also producing drawings and documents to suit.
- Co-ordination between Architectural, Structural and Building Services drawings.
- Working to project deadlines.
- Type of drawings include: Layout plans, Sections, Elevations, Details and Schematics.
- Liaison with the Refurbishment/Construction team in house and Liaison with Mechanical and Electrical Contractor Engineers.
- Builderswork and Joinery- production of detailed dimension drawings.
- Co-ordination - Ensuring all build and services are synchronised.
- Taking responsibility for electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk.
- Document control, Issuing of drawings and keeping track of drawing issues.
- Organise internal and external printing runs.
- Contribution to CAD standards.
- Previous experience of producing AutoCAD for commercial refurbishment, office layout design, commercial and industrial construction and M&E services drawings for new build and refurbishment projects.
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines
- IT Literate - ability to use AutoCAD and MS Office essential. 3D rendering and Adobe Creative suite beneficial.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills & ability to work in a team.
- Good design, technical and communication skills
- Ideally expertise in AutoCAD, MS Office and Adobe Suite
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Access to car essential