An innovative, forward thinking architectural practice based in Islington, committed to being different. Striving to design and build contemporary, sustainable developments across London.
Founded in 2011 and growing consistently in size and strength, the company has an enviable portfolio of unique and vibrant large scale residential, commercial and mixed-use projects, in notable areas of London and across the UK.
Working closely with developer clients, the practice considers themselves both creative and commercial; taking each development from feasibility through site assessment, master planning, design, interiors and space planning.
Due to an influx in large, complex schemes, the firm are looking to take on four new staff members.
Role & Responsibilities
Working both independently and as part of a team under the guidance of a Project Architect, the successful candidate will work on residential and commercial schemes, with involvement across all RIBA stages of work from concept design to construction. Current projects include a large, complex residential scheme, two large commercial projects and a range of smaller residential schemes in affluent areas of London.
As an expanding practice, the role naturally offers the right individual the opportunity to develop themselves and their career; and the firm would be most interested to hear from candidates who would be committed to growing with them over the coming years.
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified and/or ARB registered
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience in practice (post Part II qualification/ARB registration)
- Demonstrably strong in both design and technical ability
- Thorough knowledge of the planning process on large scale residential and large scale commercial schemes
- Strong knowledge of housing standards and building regulations, as well as construction detailing
- A high level of proficiency in Vectorworks
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Good communication and organizational skills, with fluency in both written and spoken English
- An ability to manage conflicting or multiple deadlines
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a salary between £35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience, in addition to 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
Office working hours are 9.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Working collaboratively from modern, open plan offices in Islington within a team of 14, you'll enjoy a relaxed, sociable and down to earth working environment. The team regularly head down the pub together, are generally quite chatty and love to have a good laugh.
Their offices are just a short distance from Angel underground station, or a slightly longer walk from Old Street or Kings Cross stations.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to James.Lees@hunterdunning.co.uk or call 01243 779789.
Job Ref: 9629
Hunter Dunning = Architect Job – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly