Mid to Senior Level Architectural Technician required for a prestigious architectural practice in Kent. You will be working with a dynamic and fun team of individuals across a variety of sectors which mainly consist of large scale residential and education projects however there will also be times when you’re involved in commercial projects.
The company is extremely busy at the moment with a number of projects recently being won with a number of prestigious clients. The business has just taken on three new members of staff at more junior level, but they need an experienced individual to help strengthen the team at the top and someone who can help mentor.
You will ideally have at least 5 years’ experience at mid to senior level on large profile projects preferably in the educational and residential arenas. You will also ideally have experience of using ArchiCAD however this is NOT essential and would be a bonus as cross training and development can be supported by the business. You will also ideally be looking for longevity and be able to show this in your previous career history.
Overview of the role itself;
- Working closely with other team members in collating, organising and producing technical information for use during the development design process.
- The investigation of technical information and issues that could affect the project including listening closely to the client on requirements, site/building surveys and regulation requirements.
- The production of all information needed to submit applications to relevant statutory authorities.
- The preparation and presentation of design proposals using BIM authoring software however if you do not have this training then it will be provided by expense of the business.
- The preparation of specifications using NBS for construction work.
- Contributing to the detailed design process and coordination of detailed design information with the design team.
- Attending regular coordination meetings, recording minutes and preparation of associated documentation.
- Obtaining and evaluating tenders with the Architect and OS before signing off.
- The preparation of construction details using BIM as required by the contractor.
- Assisting at post construction stages with the production of as-built drawings using BIM authoring software.