I am working with one of the leading businesses in Surrey who are looking for an experienced Design Coordinator to join their close-knit team of individuals. This reputable company is known for designing and building some exciting projects across Surrey. Projects will mainly involved residential led projects moving forward.
Reporting into the Design Manager and Design Director, I’m looking for an experienced Design Coordinator to work on a variety of residential and mixed-use projects across Surrey. These will vary from small bespoke residential houses to larger residential sites. The role includes;
- Being accountable for the effective management of subcontractor packages from the design stages to manufacture.
- Understanding client’s requirements and output specifications.
- Ensuring that all design, procurement and construction elements comply with the project documentation.
- Liaising between the client, design consultants and the project staff overseeing all design matters.
- Liaising of on site staff including Site Managers for the development of design packages and procurement strategies.
- Organise, participate and record design review meetings.
- Contribute and assist in the preparation of the design programme in line with procurement strategies.
- Management of the flow of design information and document control.
- Degree qualified in Architecture, Engineering or another relevant qualification.
- RC frame experience is desirable however not essential.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a technical or design coordination role.
- Strong IT skills with experience of AutoCAD/Revit, Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Experience of technical aspects of house building and up to date UK building regulation knowledge.
- A good understanding of the planning legislation is beneficial.
- Must have experience of working for a developer, main contractor or architectural practice on residential based projects.
- Strong organisational and work management skills.
- Good time management skills and able to stick to tight deadlines.
- A good problem solver who can solve technical issues efficiently and effectively.