Senior Design Coordinator
A new position has arisen for a Senior Design Coordinator to join a fantastic team of individuals for a leading developer in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Design Coordinator to join one of the leading developers in London. You will join a fantastic established team of individuals in a new position for the business as it grows and will be involved in a variety of residential and mixed-use schemes across the capital. This will include low rise traditional housing with the main majority involving high rise RC frame projects.
The company has a low turnover of staff and is a reputable business which has been going for well over 40 years. They are known for looking after their staff with numerous social events, training and support and career progression is immensely encouraged. As Senior Design Coordinator you will be based on site at a large regeneration project in South East London which will see over 100 new homes created on the initial phase and will involve RC frame construction up to around 10 storeys in height. This is part of the large-scale regeneration which will see up to 15,000 new homes created including commercial space, retail and transport hubs.
As a Senior Design Coordinator, you will be responsible and accountable for assisting the design team programmes and monitoring these to ensure the delivery is on time and to budget. The client is looking for someone who wants a career and longevity and is hard working and reliable to progress through the ranks internally. You will also be involved in the following;
- Checking all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability.
- Liaising with external consultants, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Technical report writing and compiling minutes in meeting.
- Reporting to the Head of Design and overseeing Assistant Design Coordinators and Coordinators.
- Attending design meetings to solve current and potential issues which arise during construction.
- Assisting in managing utilities and monitoring information flow.
- Checking drawings again CP’s and contract documentation.
- The production of detailed drawings and updating working drawings throughout the construction process.
- Buildability and Co-ordination checks and drawing control.
- Applying for and securing statutory body approval for architectural design.
- Submitting information to the LABC and the NHBC and monitoring information required for signing off conditions/building regulations as they arise.
- Degree qualified in Architecture, Engineering or other relevant qualification.
- RC frame experience is important.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a technical or design role.
- Experience of technical aspects of house building and up to date UK building regulation knowledge.
- A good understanding of the planning legislation is beneficial.
- Must have experience of working for a developer or main contractor.
- Experience on London based projects will be beneficial.
- Strong organisational and work management skills.
- Good time management skills and able to stick to tight deadlines.
- A good problem solver who can solve technical issues efficiently and effectively.
- Experience of overseeing more junior members and ideally managing a small team.